Friday, August 22, 2008

Bolt: I'm Lightning Bolt

Usain Bolt of Jamaica jubilates after the men's 200m final at the National Stadium, also known as the Bird's Nest, during Beijing 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, Aug. 20, 2008. Usain Bolt of Jamaica won the title with 19.30 seconds and set a new world record.
"I told myself that if I am going to get the world record, it is going to be here because the track is really fast," said Usain Bolt of Jamaica on Thursday.

Bolt eased to win the Olympic men's 200m sprint and rewrote the world record in 19.30 seconds, even into a headwind of 0.9m/s here on Wednesday night.

The 21-year-old Jamaican has become the most shinning star of the "Bird's Nest", who won the men's 100m dash four days ago, with the new world record of 9.69 seconds.

"I did a lot of work on the 200m and everything came together tonight. I blew my mind, and then I blew the world's mind," he said.

Bolt trampled flat legendary sprinter Michael Johnson's record of 19.32 seconds, shortening it by two hundredths of a second, which sarcastically made Johnson an green-eyed hall-of-fame celebrity who said, "I don't think he will break it here."

"I'm Lightning Bolt! I am not Flash Gordon or anybody. My name is Bolt, Lightning Bolt."

Source:Xinhua

No comments: